The Science Across Virtual Institutes (SAVI) project of the CZO National Office announces a limited funding opportunity. To build on momentum gained at the September 2014 CZO All Hands meeting, CZO SAVI will accept and consider proposals to support workshops emanating from the All Hands breakout groups as well as any other proposed workshop that:
1) includes common measurements at multiple CZOs as part of the aim;
2) describes a component of international engagement;
3) proposes an activity to be completed in calendar year 2015;
4) includes matching funds (matching funds not required for graduate student/post-doctoral researcher proposals);
5) is no longer than two pages with a budget and schedule; and,
6) is received at firstname.lastname@example.org by October 31, 2014.
The proposals may also or instead request support for cross-CZO science implementation including instrument deployment. We endeavor to support ~3-6 projects at ~$5000-$15000 each - so don't be greedy. Proposers from outside the immediate CZO community are encouraged to apply - if a proposal from outside the CZOs includes cross-CZO science or instrumentation deployment, it must include additional documentation that the proposed activity(s) are acceptable to the relevant CZO PIs.